The SkyeChip core team consists of recognized experts in their respective fields and collectively holds over 80 US patents. Despite being a new company, SkyeChip team has been working together on multiple projects over an extend period of time. This is our unique advantage because the team will work seamlessly, right from the beginning, to deliver IPs and ASIC products in a high quality and timely manner.
Chief Executive Officer
Swee Kiang (SK) Fong (鄺瑞强) has more than 30 years of experience in semiconductor industry. He started his career and worked in Intel for more than 20 years on various technical and management positions in US and Malaysia. He was instrumental in starting up Intel Design Center in Malaysia and growing the organization to 1500 people responsible for microprocessor, Chipset, SOC design and development. He then joined Altera Corporation as VP of R&D, leading the development of advanced FPGA, IP and Quartus software in Malaysia. He was the senior director of Broadcom Corporation overseeing the global operation of a USD1B division before starting up SkyeChip.
SK holds a First Class BSEE degree from the University of Technology, Malaysia; and earned his EMBA degree (Beta Gamma Sigma) from Olin School of Business WUSTL, Missouri and Shanghai Fudan University, China.
Chief Technology Officer
Chee Hak Teh (郑誌学) has over 20 years of experience in semiconductor landscape. He spent the first 12 years of his career with Intel in various technical positions in Malaysia and US working on numerous IPs and microprocessor, chipset and SoC products before embarking on his FPGA journey with Altera/Intel as a Principal Engineer and the Chief Architect for Altera/Intel’s FPGA products. He specializes in the system memory hierarchy, 2.5D/3D interconnects and chiplets, computing & heterogeneous acceleration and numerous generations of high-speed parallel and serial interconnect protocols including DDR, PCIe, USB, SATA and FSB among others.
Chee Hak graduated with a first class BSEE degree from the University of Science, Malaysia (USM); holds more than 40 US patents with over a dozen publications worldwide.
*Number of patents filed by SkyeChip team in SkyeChip and their previous companies
Partners & Industry News
- JEDEC Publishes XFM Embedded and Removable Memory Device Standard to Expand Storage Solutions in Embedded and Automotive Applications
- JEDEC Publishes New and Updated Standards for Low Power Memory Devices Used in 5G and AI Applications
- SAE International and JEDEC Sign Standards Cooperation Agreement for Microelectronic Use in Aviation, Space and Defense
- GF and Synopsys Deliver New Reference Flows for GF 22FDX Process: Cloud-Qualified and First Automotive Flow for ASIL-D Designs
- Synopsys Accelerates Most Stringent Functional Safety Certification of NSITEXE RISC-V Parallel Processor IP
- Synopsys Appoints Sassine Ghazi as President and Chief Operating Officer; Chi-Foon Chan to Transition from co-CEO Role